Electricians in Warrington, Wirral, Liverpool, Cheshire and Manchester.
The electrical division at Causeway Home Improvement Group provides a comprehensive selection of electrical services to the private and public sectors, from rewiring entire developments for commercial clients to installing a new plug socket in a kitchen for a home owner we have you covered.
Causeway Home Improvement Group can provide you with fast and accurate electrical fault diagnosis and repair throughout Warrington, Liverpool, Cheshire and Manchester, our central location in Warrington affords us direct access to the motorway network enabling us to provide our clients with a qualified electrician at a moment's notice.
Emergency Call Out Electricians
Causeway Home Improvement Group can provide you with a qualified and competent electrician, in the unfortunate event of an electrical emergency occurring you can call our 24 hour electrical emergency call out service.
All of the electricians employed by our company are fully qualified and subject to continuous training and development at regular intervals.
Employing the Right Electrician
Are you in the process of employing a qualified electrician to carry out electrical services to your home or business? if so then you need to ensure that the electrical works completed by them fully comply with all relevant health and safety and quality standards.
All of the electricians here at Causeway Home Improvement Group are NAPIT registered (National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers) with Qualification Full Scope Part P Registered Installers and "Registered Competent Persons (Electrical)", you will only ever receive a highly qualified electrician, electrical installation, servicing or repair when you choose Causeway Home Improvement Group for the provision of you electrical services.
Prior to Employing An Electrician Always Ensure:
- You have received and agreed upon a written schedule of works and an acceptable timescale for completion, the schedule of works should cover all aspects of the agreed electrical installation and be signed by both parties.
- Large scale electrical installations should be implemented in stages with milestone payments made available to your electrician make sure that all payments are documented and signed of by both parties as this will ensure that you know what you paid and when you paid it.
- Any reputable electrician should have no problems in providing you with regular updates on the progress of the electrical works as and when requested by the client, do not be afraid to ask questions or raise any concerns you may have with your electrician.
- Always agree terms of payment with your electrician in writing so you can make the funds available and to ensure the smooth transition of the project.
- If the costs of the associated electrical materials are to be paid in advance always have this confirmed in writing and signed off by your electrical contractor.
- It is quite often the case that you will wish to make mid project changes if you do need to alter the layout of your electrical installation, confirm them in writing with the electrician and make sure you get a revised quote before any works commence.
- Always avoid electricians who insist in dealing in cash as it is easy to lose track of what you have paid, and a truly reputable electrical company should have no problems taking card payments or bank transfers, Always ask for a receipt or statement of account prior to releasing funds buyer beware!
- Try to avoid changes to the specification or adding to the job halfway through as this will increase costs and delay completion dates, ensure that all changes made are confirmed in writing and a revised quotation is received from the electrician.
- If for any reason you are not entirely happy with you electrical installation and are unable to resolve the issue with your electrician or the company who employs them you should contact the Competent Person Scheme Operator they are certified by, they will be able to advise you and will work with both parties to try and reach an amicable solution.
- In the unfortunate event that the electrician contracted to carry out your electrical installation is not certified by a DCLG authorised Competent Person Scheme, contact Citizens Advice via their consumer helpline on 08540 40506 or visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk.
After The Electrical Installation is Completed
- When the electrician has completed the installation they are legally required to provide you with an electrical installation certificate, this confirms that the works carried out is in-line with the British Standard for electrical safety, BS 7671.
- All electrical work performed in a dwelling in England and Wales is covered under Building Regulations any electrical works that are considered to be notifiable should always receive a certificate to confirm that the work meets with all the applicable Building Regulations.
- Once you have received certificate(s) relating to the electrical works carried out at your premises you should store them in a safe place as you may need to provide them as proof that the electrical works have been completed in accordance with all relevant legislation, you will need these documents if you ever decide to sell the property.
For more information on the comprehensive list of Electrical Services carried out by Causeway Home Improvement Group throughout Warrington, Runcorn, St Helens, Liverpool, South Manchester, Wirral and Cheshire Call us Today on 01925 411 661.